Thursday, October 14, 2010

Your Work is Appreciated.

Thoughts going through my head before my speech:
"Time to die via total speech disaster.
I am already exhausted and I have only just arrived at class.
I think I am going to pule.
I need to relax.
I can do this.
I. Can. Do. This.
I. Can. Do. This.
I. Can. Do. This.
Estoy estresada.
Me duele todo.
La cabeza.
La barriga.
It's just a story.
I can do this.
Just a story.
You can tell a story.
You can tell a story!"

Estoy temblando.

Well, that went terribly, but... oh well... that's life.
I don't know how my next one is going to go...
If this one went that badly...

The speech a classmate gave was far worse than what I had anticipated.
I am glad she did it.
But I am also glad the teacher allowed her to stop.
I think her friend is watching over her with kindness.

We might only have two speeches.
Which as great as that sounds, I might be ending up with a C- at that rate.
Less speeches means harder grading.
I guess maybe that means I won't be joining Phi Theta Kappa next quarter.
Some of these stories make me wonder what people are thinking when they plan good stories to tell a large group of people.
These speeches are exhausting me, some of these are seriously only two seconds long.
Why was I up there for so long!

At the end of class I asked him for some advice for next week.
He feels I need to slow down, but did say that I sound mature for my age.
That was something I was glad for, as I had figured I would sound too youthful.

I need to prepare for net week and prepare now.
I have decided to make my topic about multiple births.

Maybe more blogging later.

No comments: